Friday, November 19, 2010

God’s Word - A Spiritual Supermarket

Matthew 1; Matthew 2; Matthew 3; Matthew 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

God’s Word - A Spiritual Supermarket

Scripture

Matthew 4

4 But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say,
‘People do not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Observation

When you start out your day and don’t even think about taking time to read God’s word it is like forgetting to eat food all day long, you begin to get spiritually weak and very open to the tricks of the Devil. You are not effective and have no spiritual power if you are not in God’s word on a daily basis.

We were not designed to live by physical food alone; we were made to take in spiritual food on a regular basis. What did you read this morning? What did you read yesterday? Are you getting enough to eat? Are you depending on a Sunday message to get you through the week?

I wonder how many people that attended our church this past Sunday opened up and read God’s word on Monday? Did you?

Application

The Bible, Dr. Waylon Moore says is like spiritual supermarket with everything you need for a balanced spiritual life, but it doesn’t do us any good unless we read and study God’s word every day.

I will read God’s word every day. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your word have I hid in my heart so I won’t sin against You. I desire the words of Your mouth more than my necessary food is what Job said to You and it is my desire to have that same kind of love for Your word. Help me get from Your word the things I need for today to be Your witness. I pray for Larry Chadwell and Bruce Moore as they bring Your word to us and I pray for Waylon Moore as he speaks to our people this Sunday evening. Give them inspiration and an excitement for Your word. Help me as I teach this Sunday class 101 that it would help someone move closer to You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: