Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Mountain Moving Faith

Job 23; Job 24; Mark 11; Mark 12
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Mountain Moving Faith

Scripture

Mark 11

22 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. 24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. 25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”

Observation

How important is prayer? How important is prayer in your life? Do you believe the words of Jesus in this passage as He speaks about how powerful our prayers can be? You only believe what you practice. What mountain moving prayers have you and I prayed for lately?

Have you prayed for someone this morning? Does it do any good? Will God work in the life of someone because we prayed for him or her? He certainly will. In fact, there is no other prayer more important, more valuable than to prayer on someone’s behalf. I have a friend that is struggling right now. I am praying for him. Will God answer my prayers? You bet He will. He has put this person on my heart so I would pray for that person because God wants to work in his life.

Who needs you to pray for them? God can move the mountains in their lives if we pray for them. Who did you pray for this morning? You will you pray for today? There is nothing more important than lifting someone up in prayer. Intercede for someone today. Prayer doesn’t need to be always about us. God already knows our needs.
Jesus does say that before we pray that we need to make sure that we are not holding on to a grudge against someone else. Get things confessed to God then intercede for someone else.

Application

I will continue praying for others because it is the most important thing that I can do.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for putting people on my heart for me to pray for. There is nothing more important for me to do. I know that their problems are way beyond my ability to help. Their lives are out of control and I don’t have the power to help them, but there is nothing too hard for You. You can move mountains. You can do the seemingly impossible and You do it with ease. Nothing is too hard for You. So I prayed for the people this morning knowing that I am praying to an All-Powerful God who delights in answering my prayers.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: