Monday, November 08, 2010

Grow Up!

Job 33; 1 Corinthians 1; 1 Corinthians 2; 1 Corinthians 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Grow Up!

Scripture

1 Corinthians 3

Paul and Apollos, Servants of Christ

1 Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in the Christian life. 2 I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food, because you weren’t ready for anything stronger. And you still aren’t ready, 3 for you are still controlled by your sinful nature. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn’t that prove you are controlled by your sinful nature? Aren’t you living like people of the world? 4 When one of you says, “I am a follower of Paul,” and another says, “I follow Apollos,” aren’t you acting just like people of the world?

5 After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. 6 I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. 7 It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. 8 The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work. 9 For we are both God’s workers. And you are God’s field. You are God’s building.

Observation

When there is quarreling and fighting in your family at home or at church it is showing your spiritual age. When you act like a lost person or a spiritual infant it is because your sinful nature is in control.

When I have someone tell me that they haven’t been reading God’s word for days or even weeks his or her sinful nature must be in control. When my sinful nature has a chance to be in control it is ugly. Look out!

In our church right now I have folks that are fighting within their home…acting like spiritual infants. They have allowed their sinful natures to take control of their lives. They need to repent and turn back to God. They need to confess their sins and allow the Holy Spirit to be in control of their lives. How are you and I doing on handing over control of our lives to the Holy Spirit? Is there fighting and quarreling going on in your life or in your heart? Are you grumbling and fussing over something or someone?

Application

I am yielding control of my life over to the Holy Spirit. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I give You control of my life. Show me anything in my life that doesn’t please You. Help me not act like a spiritual infant/baby. Help my focus be on the people around me helping them know You better and not on myself. I pray for those in our church that are acting like spiritual infants that they would allow the Holy Spirit to take control of their lives so they could be productive.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: