Sunday, November 07, 2010

Make a Covenant With Your Eyes Today

Job 31; Job 32; Galatians 5; Galatians 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Make a Covenant With Your Eyes Today

Job 31

1 “I made a covenant with my eyes
not to look with lust at a young woman.

Galatians 5

19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.

Observation

Galatians 5:24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.

Job 31:1 says, that we should make a covenant with our eyes not to look with lust upon a young woman. Have you made that covenant with your eyes yet?

Galatians 5:24 says that those that belong to Christ have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to His cross and crucified them there. Have you nailed them to the cross?

Both of these verses talk of choices we must make. When we get up each day we must make these two choices … are you and I willing to do that this morning. I am. How about you?

Application

I will make a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust at a young woman and I will nail my passion and desire of my old sinful nature to the cross and leave it crucified there. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be able not let my eyes wander and stay fixed on a woman to the point of lust. Help me to focus on what is pure, what is lovely, what is good, and don’t let my mind go to think on things that are not. Help me have control over my eyes because I know that is the opening to my heart. Help me guard my heart today and keep it pure on keep it on You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: