Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nailed To The Cross By Our Sins

Romans 1; Romans 2; Romans 3; Romans 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Nailed To The Cross By Our Sins

Scripture

Romans 4

25 He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God.

Observation

We need to read Romans 3 and 4 several times to catch just what God did for you and me. Here are some key words or phrases in these four chapters to ponder: faith, gift, “undeserved kindness”, “made right”, and wages.

Abraham’s faith was truly amazing. God was impressed by Abraham’s faith. I love these verses in chapter four:

“16 So the promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift. And we are all certain to receive it, whether or not we live according to the law of Moses, if we have faith like Abraham’s. For Abraham is the father of all who believe. 17 That is what the Scriptures mean when God told him, “I have made you the father of many nations.” This happened because Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing.

18 Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, “That’s how many descendants you will have!” 19 And Abraham’s faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead—and so was Sarah’s womb.

20 Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. 21 He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises.

Application

As Abraham got older and older his faith got stronger and stronger and that is what I want my faith to do to. So I will continue to believe all of God’s promises and I will continue to walk in obedience.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, the entire story about Abraham and his incredible faith shows me that I too can be a person of faith. I realize that it was 100 years before Abraham got to see the promise of a son be fulfilled so I can wait patiently for some of Your promises for me that I still have not seen come to pass. Help me to be a man of faith. Thank You for making me right with You through the death of Your Son.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: