Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Can Anything Ever Separate Us From Christ’s Love?

Romans 5; Romans 6; Romans 7; Romans 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Can Anything Ever Separate Us From Christ’s Love?

Scripture

Romans 8

35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”) 37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

Observation

Chapter 8 of Romans is a great reminder of just how much God loves us. Maybe we should read this chapter about 10 times today and let it really sink in. God loves us so much. We are His inheritance. We will share in His glory. And yes we will also share in Christ’s suffering too.

Think about what God says in these verses:

26 “And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. 27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. 29 For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory.”

When you don’t know what to pray, no problem, the Holy Spirit prays for us. “God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to his purpose for them.”

Application

Everything that is happening in my life today God will work it to my good because He loves me. I know that God is on my side. I am His child. I will share in His glory. Amazing.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don’t know why I ever worry. As I read Romans 5-8 this morning I realize how much You love us and how Your care for us is so complete. From the beginning of my life to its end here on earth it is in your complete control. Nothing escapes Your watchful eye. You don’t ever miss anything. Thank You for taking such good care of me and help me to remember that You are always watching out for me. Keep me away from sin. It is my desire to bring You glory today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: