Sunday, December 12, 2010

Able To Save Completely

Hebrews 5; Hebrews 6; Hebrews 7; Hebrews 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Able To Save Completely

Scripture

Hebrews 6

“…we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.”

Hebrews 7

25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Observation

When you read chapters 5-8 of Hebrews you can realize all that Christ did for us as our High Priest. We can be confident of our salvation because we have a High Priest that is continually interceding for us. This is the hope that anchors our soul and makes it firm and secure. Christ is able to save us completely! I like that … how about you?

Application

I know that the only answer people have in life is Jesus. He is our only hope. He is their only hope. I will share about Him today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for Melissa today. She served us at a restaurant yesterday. I pray that she and her husband will soon be able to have Sundays off so they can go to church together. I pray that people would be saved today. I pray that Your hand would be on our church today. I pray that Your face would shine on us. I pray that Your Holy Spirit would move during our worship service and people would realize their need to repent and I pray that they would turn to You. You are the Mighty God. You are able to save. You are able to save us completely. This hope is an anchor to our souls.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: