Friday, December 31, 2010

Come Lord Jesus. Come.

Revelation 19; Revelation 20; Revelation 21; Revelation 22
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Come Lord Jesus. Come.


Scripture

Revelation 21

1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. 2 And I saw the holy city, the New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

3 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”

Revelation 22

7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed are those who obey the words of prophecy written in this book.”

20 He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!”
Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!

Observation

The New Jerusalem will be 1,400 miles high, 1400 miles long, and 1,400 miles wide! There will be 12 gates and it will have a river running down the center of it and it will have the tree of life growing along the river’s bank. I don’t know what else will be in this city, but it sounds good to me. There will be no more crying, no more death, no more suffering, no more sin in the New Jerusalem. It sounds like a great place to me. Gold will be so common that God paves the streets with it. All that we hold as precious here on earth will be nothing compared to what we will have in Heaven.

These are great chapters to end the year reading. I am ready to start 2011 and watch God in all of His glory do the miraculous. He is going to do some wonderful things in this year that is coming. He is Mighty.

Application

I will anticipate a great year in 2011. God will answer many of my prayers in 2011 that have not yet happened.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, we walk by faith and not by sight. I know that You are going to do mighty things in the year to come. All of Your promises are “yes”. They will happen. You are on Your throne. Nothing is too hard for You. I look forward to the year 2011 knowing that You are in control and that many people will be saved and many lives will be changed in the year to come. Come Lord Jesus. Come.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: