Saturday, December 04, 2010

Praying for Others

Romans 13; Romans 14; Romans 15; Romans 16
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Praying for Others

Scripture

Romans 15

13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Observation

How important is it that you pray for others? I found out yesterday that a pastor friend in Uganda is in the hospital in critical condition after a car crash. They have done emergency surgery. He has lost a lot of blood and has internal injuries. The hospitals in Uganda are not like hospitals here in the US.

I am praying for him. His name is Asalamuku Agnatius. We call him Agnatius. How important is it to pray for Agnatius? I believe that God is counting on our prayers to him for Agnatius so that He will be glorified by healing him. I will pray for healing because God tells us that we should pray for those that are sick. God tells us that we should pray for one another. Why would God tell us to do this if it didn’t matter? It matters a lot to our Heavenly Father that we intercede for our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Application

I will pray for Agnatius that God raises him up and heals him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for my brother in Christ, Agnatius. I pray that You intervene and heal his body. The hospital is not equipped to handle his injuries so I pray that You miraculously work in his life. Touch him and heal him for Your glory and for Your honor. I pray that you be with his family and his church that You would strengthen them and show them Your power and Your might.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: