Saturday, December 11, 2010

God’s Throne of Grace

Philemon 1; Hebrews 1; Hebrews 2; Hebrews 3; Hebrews 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


God’s Throne of Grace

Scripture

Hebrews 4

14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Observation

How did you approach God this morning? Did you come to His throne of grace with confidence? These are some great promises for you and me for the situations that we find ourselves in. God knows us. He knows our every weakness. Jesus came to this earth as 100% man and 100% God so that He could empathize with our weaknesses. He knows what you and I are going through.

Application

I will come to God’s throne with confidence and with boldness today because Jesus has provided me that privilege.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me such great and wonderful promises. Thank You for understanding just how I feel and for knowing my weaknesses. I want to come boldly to Your throne of grace this morning. Give me the confidence I need to be able to trust totally in You. I don’t deserve Your help. I don’t deserve the life that You are allowing me to live, but I am grateful for how much You love and care about me. I pray that You direct my thoughts and my actions today so that I may bring You glory.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: