Monday, December 20, 2010

Who Do You Think You Are?

John 7; John 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Who Do You Think You Are?

Scripture

John 8

53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?”

54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”

57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen
Abraham!”

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

Observation

The Jewish leaders were blinded to who Jesus was and still is. His reply, “before Abraham was born, I AM”! Jesus didn’t say, “I was” no He said, “I AM” and the Jews knew just exactly what He was saying when He used that phrase and they picked up stones to kill him because Jesus was claiming to be God

What is Jesus to you? Is He just a story character that you hear about at Christmas time? Do you recognize Him as a famous person in history? Or is He your Lord and your Savior? Do you recognize Him as God in the flesh?

I think it is very sad that the Pharisees for the most part remained blinded to the identity of Jesus and they died in their sins. There were some believers in their midst but very few of them could see Jesus as the Messiah.

Application

I will share that Jesus is Savior and Lord with people today at Mission Tampa and I pray that they believe and put their trust in Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, what the people at Mission Tampa need today more than anything else is to understand that they need a Savior. Help them understand the Christmas story. I pray that today some would put their trust and their faith in Jesus. Give them understanding and enable them to say, “Yes” to the Gospel message. You are Mighty. You are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. You are worthy of all Praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: