Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Come Up Here!

Revelation 10; Revelation 11; Revelation 12; Revelation 13; Revelation 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Come Up Here!


Scripture

Revelation 11

12-13 I heard a strong voice out of Heaven calling, "Come up here!" and up they went to Heaven, wrapped in a cloud, their enemies watching it all.

Observation

One of my most favorite people to visit was a church member named Mrs. Penn. This was when I was a seminary student and I was pastor of a small in Ft. Worth, Texas. Every time that I would knock on her door she would always say the same thing, “Get in this house.” We would sit around her kitchen table and talk and I would always leave her house feeling great. She made everyone feel some welcome and so important. I have picked up that same phrase to use when people come to my door for a visit. One day we are going to hear our Savior say, “Come up here!” I am ready how about you?

Application

God’s word, the Bible, is all about His invitation to come to Him. It is our job that people understand clearly what God wants them to do. It is the Good News that we get to share with people. I am ready to share the Good News with someone how about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I can’t wait until You tell me, “Get into this house.” I am ready. Help me in this New Year to bring many people with me when I come. Give me the boldness and give me the platform to reach many people for You. Help our church become the church that You want us to be.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: