Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Power of Prayer

James 1; James 2; James 3; James 4; James 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Power of Prayer

Scripture

James 5

The Prayer of Faith

13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Observation

How important is it for you to pray for other people? How important is it for you to pray for yourself? Pray when you are in trouble and pray (praise) when you are happy! Pray when someone is sick and get others to pray for someone that needs to be healed. Your prayer if you are righteous is powerful and effective.

Application

I will pray for others today so they can be healed.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, put on my heart the people that need for me to pray for them. Since Your word says that the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective help me to be righteous today so my prayers would be effective. Help me to pray for the right things and help me to pray for the people that need Your help today. I believe Your word and I know that my prayers are important for those around me. Guide my thoughts and my actions today. Help me focus on the important things today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: