Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What Have You Given Up?

Matthew 17; Matthew 18; Matthew 19
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


What Have You Given Up?

Scripture

Matthew 19

29 And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for my sake, will receive a hundred times as much in return and will inherit eternal life.

Observation

What have you and I given up to follow Christ? Have you given up a home, brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for Christ sake? If you have then you will receive a hundred times more in return and you will inherit eternal life!

What are you holding on to that you are refusing to give up? My friend, that is a very dangerous thing to do. Let it go. Give it up. Don’t let anything come between you and the Lord.

There are so many great lessons in today’s Bible reading. They all deal with putting God first. Forgiveness and refusing to forgive, faith and not having enough faith, childlike faith and obedience and the wolves that cause people to stumble, all of these are lessons in today’s Bible reading.

I am reminded again this morning that our lives are lived out on a spiritual battlefield. I was praying at 4 this morning and thinking about the battles that lie ahead and this scripture came to my mind over and over again from Philippians 4, “Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything and the peace of God that passes all understanding will guard your hearts in Christ Jesus.” (Eddy’s paraphrase).

We are in a battle, but God calls on us to pray and we are to ask Him for help. In fact, prayer is our strongest weapon against the enemy. The enemy wants to take us out and he will use church people as his pawns to do his work. So pray and pray and pray!


Application

I will believe and meditate today on that scripture that says, “Greater is He that is in me than he that is in this world.”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am under attack, but I realize that every Christ follower that puts You first today is under spiritual attack too. It is warfare. I pray for Your strength today. I pray for wisdom. I pray for discernment. I pray for Your peace that passes all understanding today. Thank You for Your strength. Thank You for victory. Thank You for allowing me to be called your son. Nothing is impossible with You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: