Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Be Careful!

Joshua 15; Joshua 16; Joshua 17; 1 Corinthians 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Be Careful!

Scripture

1 Corinthians 8

9 But you must be careful so that your freedom does not cause others with a weaker conscience to stumble.

Observation

Our freedom should not cause other people to stumble. Not everyone is as strong as maybe you are so you need to be careful in those grey areas of life where what you are doing may not be a sin for you, but if someone else does it they will be sinning.

Probably the best example of this in our crazy culture would be drinking alcohol. You may take a drink now and then and for you it is perfectly OK, but your taking a drink in front of a weaker brother or sister may cause them to sin because they believe that if they take a drink that they would be sinning.
Maybe watching a certain movie might be another example when watching it could cause a weaker brother to sin in the area of sexual immorality.

Application

I will be careful not to cause a brother to sin because of what I am doing.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me guide others to a closer relationship with You. Don't let me lead anyone away from You by allowing me to do something that offends a weaker brother or sister in Christ. Help me to keep my eyes focused on what is good. Don't let me drift to things that would only bring me harm and that would hurt others too. Guide me through this day as I seek to walk close to You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: