Sunday, March 27, 2011

How Did He Do That?

Judges 1; Judges 2; Judges 3; 1 Corinthians 12
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


How Did He Do That?

Scripture

Judges 3

31 After Ehud, Shamgar son of Anath rescued Israel. He once killed 600 Philistines with an ox goad.

Observation

Have you ever wondered how a man like Shamgar was able to kill 600 Philistines with an ox goad? Do you even know what an ox goad is? This is the only place in the Bible where it is mentioned. It looked like a spear or a staff with a point on it.
How was he able to do that? Why couldn't they kill him? Couldn't they have attacked him with so many that he could have been defeated. How did Samson do what he did? The answer: God was with him. God was with Shamgar.

If God is for us who can be against us. And if God is not for us we are in big trouble. Reading Judges shows us how important it is to have God fighting on our side. They had it made if they would have just obeyed the Lord. He would have fought their battles for them and He would have driven their enemies from the land but they refused to obey.

God raises up heroes over and over again and He delivers His people over and over again because He loves them. Today He does the same thing. He raises up heroes and He rescues His people.

Application

I will obey the Lord today. I want to cause Him to smile. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is my desire to be a Joshua or an Ehud or a Shamgar. I want to be someone that rescues and not someone that needs to be rescued. Keep me from sin today. Help me focus on You and Your desires for the people I see today. I pray for my sister that you give her a good visit and refresh her spirit and give her a good rest from taking care of Jonathan so faithfully. I pray for Jonathan today. I pray that You touch him with Your healing power.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: