Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Slave of Christ

Joshua 12; Joshua 13; Joshua 14; 1 Corinthians 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Slave of Christ

Scripture

1 Corinthians 7

"...And if you were free when the Lord called you, you are now a slave of Christ. 23 God paid a high price for you, so don’t be enslaved by the world."

Observation

As Christ Followers we have been set free from the bondage of sin, and have become slaves of Christ. Have you ever thought what a good thing being a slave of Christ really is?

A slave had to totally depend on his master for food, clothing, protection, for housing etc. and if the slave had a good owner then he or she had it pretty good. All he or she had to do was fulfill the wishes of their master and they didn't have to worry about life because everything they needed was provided for them. We are slaves of Christ. We are His property. We were bought with a very high price. Our owner paid dearly for us. So we have it made. He takes care of us completely. Our job is to serve Him wholeheartedly and He will provide for every need we have.

Application

I will commit my life to serving Jesus and I will let Him take care of the needs of my life.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, because You are my Shepherd I have everything that I need. I lack nothing. Thank You for blessing me so much. Thank You for providing me with everything good thing. You are an Awesome God. Nothing is too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: