Monday, March 28, 2011

My Hope Is In You

Judges 4; Judges 5; Psalm 39; Psalm 41; 1 Corinthians 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


My Hope Is In You

Scripture

Psalm 39

7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in you.

Observation

A pastor friend of mine that used to meet with us every Wednesday moved a couple of years ago to the state of Louisiana. I meet with a group of pastors every Wednesday and we have been meeting together for probably over the last five or six years or maybe even longer than that. We pray together and we have become very good friends.

This pastor that moved away took his own life a few months ago. It shocked us. Why did it happen? We don't know and we probably never will know why he became so desperate, but we feel pretty certain that he wasn't meeting with a group of pastors like he was doing when he was part of our group. We might have been able to help him deal with the impossible issue that drove him to do what he did.

Life is tough.

Where do you put your hope? Let me encourage you to follow the example of the Psalmist and put your hope in the Lord. When you hit the wall and when life seems totally impossible and there appears to be no hope, then think of Psalm 39:7 "And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you."

When you want to end it all. When you want to quit. When you get to the point where you think it is totally hopeless always remember that there is always hope. The situation is never hopeless. You can always put your hope and trust in the Lord.

Application

I will put my hope in the Lord today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't let me ever get to the point where I think the situation is hopeless. I pray that I always will be able to turn to You. Don't ever let me get to the point where I am not trusting in You and in You alone. Don't let me mess up to the point where things seem totally hopeless. I pray for people that may find themselves in that situation today. I thank You for the pastors that I meet with every Wednesday. Bless them today. Use them in their churches. Bless their wives and their families. Give them hope today. Give them energy to do Your will. Bless them with good things today. You are Wonderful. You are a Mighty God.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: