Thursday, March 24, 2011

So Run To Win!

Joshua 18; Joshua 19; Joshua 20; 1 Corinthians 9
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


So Run To Win!

Scripture

1 Corinthians 9


22 When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. 23 I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings.

24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

Observation

Do you have purpose in what you are doing today? Are you running to win? Are you becoming all things to all men so that you might win some?
Purpose and meaning to life can be found when we focus on bringing others to a relationship with Christ.

Application

I will focus on the needs of others today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for saving me. I know that You saved me so that I could share the Good News with others. Help me to become all things to all men so that I might save some.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: