Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Is Anything Worth More Than Your Soul?

Numbers 28; Numbers 29; Mark 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Is Anything Worth More Than Your Soul?

Scripture

Mark 8

36 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? 37 Is anything worth more than your soul?

Observation

I was at the hospital bed side of one of our older church members who is close to death. He was surrounded by his sons and daughter and his daughter in laws. Even in his condition he was able to laugh and joke with us about some of the family stories that we being told. He has everything he needs. He is blessed.
His relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ is solid and he is walking through this valley hand in hand with His Savior. The Lord is his Shepherd, he lacks nothing.

I pray that my life reveals the same character strengths when I am put to the ultimate test and close to death.

Application

I will slow down today to show kindness to someone.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me keep the main thing the main thing. Thank You for what You are doing in our church. Thank You for the lives that are being changed. I pray for my friend Paris that is close to death. I pray that You would wrap him in Your arms. I pray that you would give his wife, sons and daughter strength and give them the spiritual insight they need to walk through this difficult time.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: