Tuesday, February 28, 2012

All Growing Churches Have One Characteristic! There Is An Atmosphere Of Love Among The People (Rick Warren) How Does Your Church Shape Up?

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

All Growing Churches Have One Characteristic!

 There Is An Atmosphere Of Love Among The People  (Rick Warren)

How Does Your Church Shape Up? 

Scripture

I Corinthians 13:3-7 (Message)

3-7If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

   Love never gives up.
   Love cares more for others than for self.
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
   Love doesn't strut,
   Doesn't have a swelled head,
   Doesn't force itself on others,
   Isn't always "me first,"
   Doesn't fly off the handle,
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
   Doesn't revel when others grovel,
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
   Puts up with anything,
   Trusts God always,
   Always looks for the best,
   Never looks back,
   But keeps going to the end.


7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:7 (NIV)

Observation

Last night we covered Session 3 of Forty Days of Community and it dealt with verse 7 of 1 Corinthians 13 – Love Always Protects; Love Always Trusts, Love Always Hopes; Love Always Perseveres.

The number one characteristic of a growing church is the atmosphere of love among the membership. How would you describe the atmosphere of love in your church (welcoming, warm, safe, impersonal, cliquey, etc)? (Taken from Belonging Together What on earth are we here for? - Rick Warren)

I think our church Christ Fellowship is growing because there is an atmosphere of love. I love the way people hang out after the services to talk to each other and more and more people are getting involved in life groups and serve teams! It is a wonderful thing to watch!

I know I still have a long ways to go to be able to live out 1 Corinthians 13. I need to grow in so many areas when it comes to love. How about you?

God is so good. He modeled for us how to love when He sacrificed His One and Only Son for ours sins.  

Application

I will show my love in a tangible way to someone this week that would not expect it and I will invite someone to come to church as our guest this week.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to grow in love towards those around me. It is my desire to be more loving. Give me Your heart and give me Your love for people. Help me not to think only of myself but let me keep my focus on the needs of others. I pray for those that are sick today. I pray that you heal them. I pray for those that are grieving. I pray that you wrap them in Your love. I pray for my sister Bea today on her birthday. I pray that You bless her and her family. You are a Mighty God and You are Worthy of All Praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: