Thursday, February 02, 2012

Everybody needs a “Barnabas”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!     
Exodus 33,34; Psalms 16; Act 9

Everybody needs a “Barnabas”

Scripture

Act 9

26 When Saul arrived in Jerusalem, he tried to meet with the believers, but they were all afraid of him. They did not believe he had truly become a believer! 27 Then Barnabas brought him to the apostles and told them how Saul had seen the Lord on the way to Damascus and how the Lord had spoken to Saul. He also told them that Saul had preached boldly in the name of Jesus in Damascus.

Observation

All of us need someone that will go to bat for us, someone that will stand up for us when life beats us down. God arranged for Saul/Paul to have Barnabas to defend him. I have to admit I would have been leery about accepting Saul into the fellowship since he had spent so much time wrecking the church.
Nobody would believe that Saul had changed, but Barnabas convinced them that there had been a change in his life. 

We need to have people in our lives that encourage us but we also need to be Barnabas’ to the people in our lives. Who can you encourage this week? Maybe with an email, a facebook message, a phone call or maybe even a personal note sent via snail mail. 

I can think of a few people that I need to encourage. How about you? 

Application

I will write some notes today to some people that seem to need a little encouragement right now.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be an encourager to those around me. Help me be concerned more for others needs than my own.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: