Wednesday, February 08, 2012

What Salvation Is … And What Salvation Is Not How Are You Trying To Get Into God’s Heaven?

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Leviticus 7,8,9; Acts 15

What Salvation Is … And What Salvation Is Not

How Are You Trying To Get Into God’s Heaven?

Scripture

Acts 15

11 We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.”

Observation

Have you noticed that there is always someone who wants to add to salvation? We are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus. You would think that would be the end of the discussion, but sorry to say it is not.

There are folks that want to add baptism as a requirement for salvation, or how about the folks that say that you must speak in tongues to be saved. All of these well-intentioned people are trying to add something more to salvation than the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.

When I ask the following two questions to those I counsel at Mission Tampa I generally get a response or an answer that doesn’t include the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus: 

  1. If you were to die today where would you spend eternity? 99% of the people respond with a very good answer, “Heaven”. 
  2.  My second question that I almost always ask them lets me know how they expect to get there: If you were at Heaven’s Gate and God asked you, “Why should I let you into my Heaven what would you say”? The answers usually go something like this: Well you have to keep His commandments – you know keep His word  ... I try to do the best I can … I am a good person and I try to treat everybody right.
  3.  Some even say things like this: God is a God of love and I just know that He is going to let me in! Or how about this one “I don’t know why I just know that He is going to let me in”!

Salvation is wrapped up in One Person and His Name is Jesus!

There is salvation in no one else! There is no other name in all of heaven for people to call on to save them." Acts 4:12

If today you are depending on your own efforts to gain access into the place God calls Heaven trust me you are wasting your time.

    God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. Ephesians 2:8-9

But then God our Savior showed us his kindness and love. He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us because of what Jesus Christ our Savior did. Titus 3:4-6

Application

I will share the Good News of Jesus with everyone I can. The Good News is that we are saved by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus. Are you saved?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the opportunity to witness to men and women this week and share with them how they can be saved. I pray for anyone reading this today who is trying to get to Heaven on his or her own effort I pray that they would place their total trust in the Lord Jesus Christ to save them. 

Open their eyes so they can see and understand the Gospel message!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: