Friday, February 24, 2012

Attitude … What Does God Think About Your Attitude? Do You Need An Attitude Adjustment?

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 14,15,16; Mark 3

Attitude …
What Does God Think About Your Attitude?
Do You Need An Attitude Adjustment?

Scripture

Numbers 14

24 But my servant Caleb has a different attitude than the others have. He has remained loyal to me, so I will bring him into the land he explored. His descendants will possess their full share of that land.

Observation

The twelve spies had just come back from the Promised Land and had given their report to the people. Ten spies gave a very negative pessimistic account of what they saw in the Promised Land. All they could see were obstacles to conquering the land; they described the people as giants and talked of the fortified cities. Even though they did acknowledge that the land flowed with milk and honey their report focused only on why they couldn’t conquer the land. Joshua and Caleb were the only two spies that gave a positive report of how God would give them the land.

I love what God says about Caleb, “But my servant Caleb has a different attitude than the others have.” He and Joshua were in the minority, but they had God on their side and that was enough.

What does God think about your attitude? Would He describe you and would He describe me as people with a different attitude? I hope that He can. God looks at our hearts.

Do we need an attitude adjustment this morning? If so, just look up and ask God to change your heart. It is a great time to talk to Him this morning and get things right. Get that attitude in alignment with His!  

Application

I will ask the Lord to give me the attitude of Caleb today … how about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I look forward to meeting Joshua and Caleb when I get to Heaven. They walked with You even when the majority of the people didn’t. Give me a heart like theirs. Give me an attitude like Caleb’s. Help me to walk by faith like these two men did when it was not a popular thing to do. Don’t let me live in fear. Help me be a man of faith. Give me the ability to trust You with every detail of my life. You will conquer all of my enemies. I will walk in victory. You are a Mighty God. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: