Monday, February 27, 2012

“Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage! I am here!” Words To Think About On A Monday! God’s Word Will Change Your Mondays. God’s Word Will Change Your Life! Take Time To Read This Morning…


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Numbers 21,22,23; Mark 6,7

“Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage! I am here!”

Words To Think About On A Monday! God’s Word Will Change Your Mondays.

God’s Word Will Change Your Life! Take Time To Read This Morning…

Scripture

Mark 6

45 Immediately after this, Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and head across the lake to Bethsaida, while he sent the people home. 46 After telling everyone good-bye, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. 

 47 Late that night, the disciples were in their boat in the middle of the lake, and Jesus was alone on land. 48 He saw that they were in serious trouble, rowing hard and struggling against the wind and waves. About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. He intended to go past them, 49 but when they saw him walking on the water, they cried out in terror, thinking he was a ghost. 50 They were all terrified when they saw him. 

   But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage! I am here!” 51 Then he climbed into the boat, and the wind stopped. They were totally amazed, 52 for they still didn’t understand the significance of the miracle of the loaves. Their hearts were too hard to take it in. 

Observation

Just as it was important for the disciples to hear those encouraging words from Jesus on that stormy scary night it is important for you and I to be encouraged by Him today. 

 Monday starts your new workweek. For some this is going to be a great week with everything sailing smoothly during the entire week. For others there may be a conflict at work that has escalated to the point of somebody having to be let go and that somebody might be you. You may be reading this blog this morning and you are out of work and desperately want to find employment so you can take care of your family. 

Don’t run out of the house on a Monday morning without taking time to dig into God’s Word.

One of the reasons that I love reading God’s Word every morning is just about every morning in some way or another God has a way of telling me, “Don’t be afraid,” “Take courage! I am here!” Yesterday I read Psalms 28:7 “The LORD is my strength and shield.  I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.”

 Tomorrow I know that I will read something else that will encourage me in my spiritual journey. All I have to do and all you have to do is take time everyday to dive into God’s Word. It will change your Mondays. It will change your life.  

Application

I will open and read God’s Word every day. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, there are days when I need to be encouraged. I know that is true for every believer who tries to live a godly life. Give us strength today to live out this Monday with courage and not fear. I pray for those who need jobs. I pray that You will provide them just the right position. I pray for those who are going through conflicts at work. Help them to depend and trust totally in You. Help them be people of integrity in the workplace. You do not want us to be afraid. Help me put my faith and my trust in You as I go through this Monday. You are Worthy of Praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: