Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Heart Has Heard You Say, “Come And Talk With Me.” And My Heart Responds, “Lord, I Am Coming.” Are You Making Time To Talk With God?

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 10,11; Psalms 27; Mark 1

My Heart Has Heard You Say, “Come And Talk With Me.”

And My Heart Responds, “Lord, I Am Coming.”

Are You Making Time To Talk With God?

Scripture

Psalms 27


7 Hear me as I pray, O LORD.
      Be merciful and answer me!
 8 My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
      And my heart responds, “LORD, I am coming.” 

Observation

Before you even got out of bed this morning did your heart hear the Lord’s voice say, “Come and talk with me?” God so wants you and me to talk to Him.

You have developed routines in your life – we all have. Maybe before you go to bed each night you watch a couple of television programs. When you get up in the morning maybe you go and make yourself a cup of coffee or you drink a soda. These routines are normal and everybody has them, but God wants to be included.

He is saying to us this morning, “Come and talk with me.” The only way you can say, “LORD, I am coming” is to make time for Him.

Do you need to change your routine to include a few moments to be able to talk to God? Has your heart heard Him say, “Come and talk with me.” Don’t ignore that still small voice that is whispering to you, “Come and talk with me.” Take time today – change your routine!

Application

I will guard my time in the morning to talk with the Lord. 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, we all get in ruts and we call them routines. Help me to have the same kind of heart like King David’s when he said, “Teach me how to live, O LORD. Lead me along the right path, for my enemies are waiting for me. Do not let me fall into their hands. For they accuse me of things I’ve never done; with every breath they threaten me with violence. Yet I am confident I will see the LORD’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: