Monday, February 13, 2012

Finishing Well … Making Your Life Count For God

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Leviticus 20,21,22; Acts 20

Finishing Well …
Making Your Life Count For God

Scripture

Acts 20

24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.

Observation

The Apostle Paul was coming to the end of his life. The Holy Spirit had been telling him over and over again that what was facing him in the near future would be jail, suffering, and death. 

“And now I am bound by the Spirit to go to Jerusalem. I don’t know what awaits me, except that the Holy Spirit tells me in city after city that jail and suffering lie ahead. … “And now I know that none of you to whom I have preached the Kingdom will ever see me again. Acts 20: 22-23; 25

Yet he didn’t shrink back. He continued to head toward Jerusalem even though the believers along the way begged him not to go.
What is your commitment to the Lord like? Would the above statement by Paul found in Acts 20:24 be a reflection of your life? Maybe better stated, “Would it be a reflection of God’s calling on your life”? 

I am nothing like the Apostle Paul but this one thing I know – I want to finish my life well. I want to count for God until the day I die. I want to die on the mission field in some other country consumed with the Savior’s work. How about you? 

Do you even have your passport?  

Go Online Today To Get Your Passport Application!

You can’t go on a mission trip with us if you don’t get that passport!

Application


I will continue working towards the goal of being a catalyst missionary for an unreached unengaged people group in the year 2012. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me finish my life well. Help me to never give up. Give me the energy, the health, and the desire to continue serving You. I look forward to the future. I look forward to what You have for Kathy and I. You are wonderful. Give me the Apostle Paul’s drive and give me his kind of heart for doing Your will. 

Thank You for a great day of worship yesterday. Thank You for all the volunteers that worked so hard to make it such a special day of worshiping You. Thank You for our leadership team and our senior pastor. I pray that Your Powerful Hand continues to remain on them. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: