Saturday, February 11, 2012

Don’t Be Afraid! Speak Out! Don’t Be Silent!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Leviticus 15,16,17; Acts 18

Don’t Be Afraid! Speak Out! Don’t Be Silent!

Scripture

Acts 18

9 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision and told him, “Don’t be afraid! Speak out! Don’t be silent! 10 For I am with you, and no one will attack and harm you, for many people in this city belong to me.” 

Observation

I never would have thought that the Apostle Paul would have ever been afraid. By this time in his ministry he had already suffered a lot of persecution at the hands of the Jews. Sometimes we forget that Paul was a human being and yes Paul must have dealt with fear and intimidation. 

These are good words for us this morning: “Don’t be afraid. Speak out! Don’t be silent! Jesus does promise to be with us. “And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20b

Fear is the absence of trust. You can’t trust God and live in fear at the same time. It is one or the other. 

Paul obviously was at a point in his life where he needed an encouraging word from God. You and I also need to hear encouraging words from God. If you and I are going to hear words of encouragement from our Heavenly Father then we have to be in His Word on a daily basis.
How many times this week have you started out your day by opening up God’s Word and letting Him speak to you? 

I am surprised at how few church - goers actually read their Bibles on a regular basis. Do a survey at your church and you will be shocked.

Application


I will help new believers learn how to have a consistent quiet time so they can live in victory and not in defeat. So they can live by trust and not live in fear.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word. It encourages me everyday. Your word guides me it is a light for my path. I can count on Your Word. It is trustworthy. I can walk by faith and not by sight because I have Your Word in my heart. You constantly remind me through Your Word not to be afraid. I pray that our people at Christ Fellowship would be people of Your Word. Give them a hunger for Your Word. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: