Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Finishing Well … How Are You Doing In Your Christian Life? Are You Going To Finish Well?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 8; Numbers 9; Acts 28

Finishing Well … 

How Are You Doing In Your Christian Life? 

Are You Going To Finish Well? 

Scripture

Acts 28

30 For the next two years, Paul lived in Rome at his own expense. He welcomed all who visited him, 31 boldly proclaiming the Kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ. And no one tried to stop him.

Observation

You and I can read into this passage that after the two years in Rome Paul was probably executed. His goal was always to travel to Rome. It was one of his dreams. I don’t think that he ever thought that he would travel to Rome under arrest and that Rome would be his final destination. 

One thing that you and I can learn from the Apostle Paul is that we need to finish well. At the end of your life and at the end of my life will we be able to say like Paul did when he wrote Timothy, “ I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:7

I have watched so many pastor friends mess up their lives because they didn’t set boundaries or they decided to ignore the boundaries that they had previously set and they did not finish well. Other friends of mine have messed up but have not let those mess-ups defeat them and they are going to finish well. 

I want to be like the Apostle Paul. I want to boldly proclaim the Kingdom of God and teach about the Lord Jesus Christ until the day the Lord takes me home.  

Application

I will make sure that I don’t cross the boundaries that I have established for myself so I can make it to the end of my life and be able to say like the Apostle Paul, “ I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”


Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me mess up. I want to finish well. Help me to stay on track. Don’t let me veer off course. I want to serve You until the day I die. I pray that You protect our senior pastor and his family. Help them to finish well. I pray for my pastor friends that You help them set boundaries for their lives so they don’t crash and burn. Help them finish well. I pray for our lead team. Help each one of them stay on course. Protect them from the Evil One. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: