Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Praying Scripture Back To God Haven’t Tried It …Why Not Try Praying Psalm 25 Back To Your Heavenly Father!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Leviticus 25; Psalms 25,26; Acts 22

Praying Scripture Back To God
Haven’t Tried It …Why Not Try Praying Psalm 25 Back To Your Heavenly Father!

Scripture

Psalms 25

1 O LORD, I give my life to you.
    2 I trust in you, my God! …

4 Show me the right path, O LORD;
      point out the road for me to follow.

 5 Lead me by your truth and teach me,
      for you are the God who saves me.
      All day long I put my hope in you.

 6 Remember, O LORD, your compassion and unfailing love,
      which you have shown from long ages past.

 7 Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth.
      Remember me in the light of your unfailing love,
      for you are merciful, O LORD. …

11 For the honor of your name, O LORD,
      forgive my many, many sins.

14 The LORD is a friend to those who fear him.
      He teaches them his covenant.


 15 My eyes are always on the LORD,
      for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies. …


 16 Turn to me and have mercy,
      for I am alone and in deep distress.


 17 My problems go from bad to worse.
      Oh, save me from them all!


 18 Feel my pain and see my trouble.
      Forgive all my sins. …


20 Protect me! Rescue my life from them!
      Do not let me be disgraced, for in you I take refuge.


 21 May integrity and honesty protect me,
      for I put my hope in you.


Observation

It is 4 AM and I am up because I couldn’t sleep! I was wide-awake at 3 AM, and finally decided to get out of bed at 3:30! Getting enough sleep is still an issue for me, but at least I slept pretty good until three!

As I began to read Psalm 25 this morning I realized that it is a perfect scripture to pray back to God. Read it slowly and see if you do not agree. This Psalm was a prayer of King David. It took a long time to write. This Psalm is Hebrew acrostic poem. Each verse begins with the next letter in the Hebrew alphabet. There are several Psalms that are written in this same manner. He didn’t sit down and write this in a couple of minutes.

It is a prayer of David’s total faith and trust in his God. Have you taken time to read it slowly? Why not take time to read it right now? In fact, why not read it slowly several times and as you read it make it a prayer to your Heavenly Father! 

Application


This is my prayer to my Heavenly Father this morning!


Prayer


 O LORD, I give my life to you. I trust in you, my God! … Show me the right path, O LORD; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me.  All day long I put my hope in you. Remember, O LORD, your compassion and unfailing love, which you have shown from long ages past.  Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth.  Remember me in the light of your unfailing love, for you are merciful, O LORD. …
For the honor of your name, O LORD, forgive my many, many sins. The LORD is a friend to those who fear him. He teaches them his covenant.  My eyes are always on the LORD, for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies. … Turn to me and have mercy, for I am alone and in deep distress.  My problems go from bad to worse. Oh, save me from them all!  Feel my pain and see my trouble. Forgive all my sins. … Protect me! Rescue my life from them! Do not let me be disgraced, for in you I take refuge. May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: