Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lessons From The Life Of Moses ... Take Time This Morning To Dive Into God’s Word! Here Are Some Important Learns from God’s Word This Morning…


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 12,13; Psalms 90; Mark 2

Lessons From The Life Of Moses ...
Take Time This Morning To Dive Into God’s Word!
Here Are Some Important Learns from God’s Word This Morning…

Scripture

Psalms 90

For a thousand years in Your sight
Are like yesterday when it is past,
And like a watch in the night.

You carry them away like a flood;
They are like a sleep.
In the morning they are like grass which grows up:
In the morning it flourishes and grows up;
In the evening it is cut down and withers.

12 So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Let Your work appear to Your servants,
And Your glory to their children.

17 And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,
And establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes, establish the work of our hands.

Observation

Psalm 90 is a Psalm written by Moses. As I also read Numbers 12 & 13 this morning and they were also about Moses I thought that I had better write about Moses!

I love the description that God gives of His Prophet Moses in Numbers 12 after Miriam and Aaron questioned Moses’ divine calling and spiritual leadership. Here is a little background just in case you didn’t read Numbers 12 yet this morning:

1Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married… So they said, “Has the Lord indeed spoken only through Moses? Has He not spoken through us also?” And the Lord heard it. 3 (Now Moses was very humble—more humble than any other person on earth.)

“If there were prophets among you,
      I, the LORD, would reveal myself in visions.
      I would speak to them in dreams.
 7 But not with my servant Moses.
      Of all my house, he is the one I trust.
 8 I speak to him face to face,
      clearly, and not in riddles!
      He sees the LORD as he is.
   So why were you not afraid
      to criticize my servant Moses?” 

After saying this about his servant Moses God struck Miriam with leprosy and Moses had to cry out to God for her to be healed. God still cast her out of the camp for 7 days so that she would learn her lesson about speaking against God’s anointed.

One important lesson in this for all of us is that we need to be very careful when and if we criticize our spiritual leaders. They are not perfect and sometimes we might have to come along side of them to help them, but we should never think that somehow we are on equal leadership with them. Pastor Bruce Moore is now the senior pastor of our church. I am no longer the senior pastor. He is my leader. I have no business ever criticizing him. If I do, I believe the same risk as Miriam did when she criticized her brother Moses. If I see or think I see that he needs some help I can go privately to him and talk to him.

But my “real learn” is from what Moses wrote in Psalm 90 and that is this: “Life Is So Very Short.” It is fleeting like grass that grows in the morning and in the evening it is cut down and withers. When you have a heart attack like I had in October of 2011 it gives you the opportunity to experience just how short life is and how precious it is!

Here is my blessing for you this morning taken from Psalm 90:12&17, “12 So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom. Let Your work appear to Your servants, And Your glory to their children.17 And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands.

Application

3 (Now Moses was very humble—more humble than any other person on earth.)  I want God to be able to say that about me. How about you?   

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Moses was the most humble man on the face of the earth. You spoke to him face to face. He pleased You with his life. Help me be like Moses. I want to please You with how I live. I want you to be able to smile when You think of me. Don’t let me ever cause You pain. Help me to serve You with all of my heart, all of my soul, all of my mind, and all of my strength. You are Worthy of all Praise.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: