Friday, February 17, 2012

If You Were On Trial For Being A Christian Would They Find Enough Evidence To Convict You?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 1,2; Acts 24

 If You Were On Trial For Being A Christian Would They Find Enough Evidence To Convict You? 

Scripture

Acts 24

14 “But I admit that I follow the Way…”

Observation

If you were on trial for being a Christian would they find enough evidence to convict you? Would you deny that you were a follower of Jesus Christ? The Apostle Paul was on trial for his life and as he spoke in his defense the one thing that he would not do was deny that he was a follower of the “Way”. 

It is easy to say that we would not deny Christ, but what if a gun was placed at your head? What if you had already watched six other people get shot because they wouldn’t deny their Savior?
This doesn’t happen in our country but it does happen in other places in our world. People are dying for their faith every day in places like China, Sudan, across the Middle East and in Africa and many other places in our world. 

So lets take every opportunity to share our faith and be bold in our witness while we have the chance! 

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear” I Peter 3:15

“Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or unfavorable. [Whether it is convenient or inconvenient, whether it is welcome or unwelcome, you as preacher of the Word are to show people in what way their lives are wrong.] And convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and urging and encouraging them, being unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching.” 2 Timothy 4:2 (Amplified Bible)

For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile. Romans 1:16

 Application

I am not ashamed of the Good News about Christ and I will boldly share my faith with everyone that I can.  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me ever deny You. Give me the boldness to always share my faith. I pray for the opportunity today to share my faith. Give me the right words to say and prepare the heart of the person I plan to share with. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: