Thursday, February 16, 2012

Our Choice Today – God’s Blessings or God’s Punishment What Will Your Choice Be?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Leviticus 26,27; Acts 23

Our Choice Today – God’s Blessings or God’s Punishment
What Will Your Choice Be? 

Scripture

Leviticus 26

 3 “If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, 4 I will send you the seasonal rains. The land will then yield its crops, and the trees of the field will produce their fruit. 5 Your threshing season will overlap with the grape harvest, and your grape harvest will overlap with the season of planting grain. You will eat your fill and live securely in your own land. 

 6 “I will give you peace in the land, and you will be able to sleep with no cause for fear. I will rid the land of wild animals and keep your enemies out of your land. 7 In fact, you will chase down your enemies and slaughter them with your swords. 8 Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand! All your enemies will fall beneath your sword.

Observation

You would think that after the children of Israel read Leviticus 26 and the promise that God makes to them that they would always live in obedience and always live under God’s blessing. Nope, somehow they missed focusing on this chapter and ended up receiving God’s punishment and correction. He spelled it out so clearly to them. If they didn’t obey Him here is some of what He would do to them:

14 “However, if you do not listen to me or obey all these commands, 15 and if you break my covenant by rejecting my decrees, treating my regulations with contempt, and refusing to obey my commands, 16 I will punish you. I will bring sudden terrors upon you—wasting diseases and burning fevers that will cause your eyes to fail and your life to ebb away. You will plant your crops in vain because your enemies will eat them. 17 I will turn against you, and you will be defeated by your enemies. Those who hate you will rule over you, and you will run even when no one is chasing you! Leviticus 26:14-17

Don’t think that we are much different today than they were back in the days of Moses. We too choose to be disobedient rather than obeying our Lord. God promises to bless us if we are obedient too just like He promised the Israelites.

Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. Romans 6:16

And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him. I John 3:22

And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.” John 3:36

But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.” Matthew 7:26-27
God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near. Revelation 1:3
Obedience is a choice. Will you choose to obey God today?  

Application

I am making a choice right now to live out this day to obey God and His Word. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that when I am obedient to You I come under Your Divine protection and I will receive Your Divine blessings. Don’t let me sin today. Don’t let me walk in disobedience. Help me to please You. Guide me through this day and keep me from sin. I want to obey You and Your Word. Help me to do just that! Amen. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: