Monday, February 20, 2012

You Are Blessed … Here Is A Word Of Encouragement For You As You Begin Your Week!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Numbers 7; Psalms 23; Acts 27


You Are Blessed …
Here Is A Word Of Encouragement For You As You Begin Your Week!

Scripture

Psalm 23
 1 The LORD is my shepherd;
      I have all that I need.


 2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
      he leads me beside peaceful streams.


    3 He renews my strength.
   He guides me along right paths,
      bringing honor to his name.


 4 Even when I walk
      through the darkest valley,
   I will not be afraid,
      for you are close beside me.
   Your rod and your staff
      protect and comfort me.


 5 You prepare a feast for me
      in the presence of my enemies.
   You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
      My cup overflows with blessings.


 6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
      all the days of my life,
   and I will live in the house of the LORD
      forever. 


Observation

This was a declaration of David’s faith in His God. He didn’t write this because everything was going well and he was enjoying the luxuries of being royalty … of being the king. No, David spent most of his life being chased and hunted down and he had to live in the constant danger of being killed by King Saul. 

Even when he became king of Israel it was not smooth sailing for David. His children became his worst nightmare and he had to flee for his life because his son Absalom was going to kill him. 

This week I have everything that I need. God has provided everything that you and I need to live out the Christian life. We do not lack one thing. You might look at your checkbook or you might look at all your problems that face you this week and you might want to argue with me about having enough, but trust me God says in His word that you have all that you need to live out this week in victory.

 “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.” Ephesians 1:3

“For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13

“ The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.”  Psalm 23:1

Application

I will live out this week knowing and claiming that because the Lord is my Shepherd I have all that I need.

Prayer      
  
Heavenly Father, King David was able to be content even when his life seemed out of control. He trusted in You. Help me to trust in You just like he did. Help me to live out Psalm 23 this week. You are the Great Provider. You have blessed us with every spiritual blessing. My cup overflows with blessings! Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: