Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Serving An Audience Of ONE! Don’t Give In To Those Who Always Want To Go Backwards

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Psalm 29;Proverbs 29;John 3

Serving An Audience Of ONE!
Don’t Give In To Those Who Always Want To Go Backwards

Scripture

Proverbs 29

26 Many seek an audience with a ruler,
   but it is from the LORD that one gets justice. 


Observation

Maybe you are like me! I like to please everyone! I want everyone to like me. It didn’t take long as I served as Senior Pastor of Tampa Baptist Church for me to realize that it was impossible for me to please everybody. Every family that left our church during those years caused tremendous grief for me. But I couldn’t please them and do what God had placed on my heart to do. Most of the changes that were made during my 8 years as pastor were painful and many of our old friends couldn’t handle the changes so they left. It broke my heart. 

But I serve an audience of ONE. 

One day when I stand before my Lord and Savior I want Him to say, “Well done my good and faithful servant.” It is true that I could have pastored the people and only done the things that would have made them happy, but I knew that the church was there not to keep the “saints” comfortable but to reach the lost for Christ. Most churches that are in decline are way to concerned with keeping everybody happy – which my friend is an impossible goal!

Our church is now Christ Fellowship Church! We are a completely new church. Our focus is on reaching the people that need Jesus!  

Pastor Bruce, you serve an audience of ONE! 

Stay focused and keep us on track. Lots of people will come to you and share with you things that they are unhappy with. Listen to them - if their criticism is valid and there needs to be a correction then by all means make those corrections. Many of the ones that will come to you will be complaining because the church is not the way it used to be – that is when you need to remember that you serve an Audience of ONE.  

Application

I will make decisions based on what the Lord wants me to do and not give in to those that always want to go backwards.   


Prayer

Heavenly Father, we serve You. Help us to serve You with all of our hearts. Don’t let us coast. Don’t let us give in to ideas that have not come from You. Guide our church. Guide and empower our leadership team. Help each one of the team realize that they serve an audience of ONE. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: