Thursday, March 01, 2012


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 28,29; Mark 8

Have You Done A Soul Check Lately? 

What Good Is It For Someone To Gain The Whole World, Yet Forfeit Their Soul? 

Scripture

Mark 8

36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? 37 Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 

Observation

You want to try swapping some of your toys that you have accumulated with God for your soul? How silly! God owns this world and everything in it. No matter how rich you are you can’t buy your way into Heaven. 

I asked a guy at Mission Tampa this week this question, it is one of the two questions that I ask everyone that I counsel, “If you were to stand at Heaven’s gate and God said why should I let you into my Heaven what would you say? He response was a first for me, he replied, “I would tell him that I have suffered a lot and that is why I should be able to go into Your Heaven. He was dead serious. I gently reminded him that no matter how badly he were to suffer in this life time that is not a ticket into Heaven. 

For the very rich and for the very comfortable (most Americans) this question should still cry out to them, “What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul”? 

Jesus loves you. He lived a sinless life while He was on this earth and then He died in your place and in my place on a cross. He wants to exchange His sinless life for our sinful lives. Everyone who puts their trust and faith in what He did on the cross and turns from sin and self and turns towards God will be saved. No matter how many toys you have or don’t have – Jesus is the only way to Heaven.  

Application

I will continue to keep my riches in Heaven. How about you?   

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to stay focused on You and don’t let my focus drift to material things. You love us. You will provide for us. Help me be content with what I have. I am rich. You have given me all spiritual blessings in Heavenly places. Who could ask for more than that? 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: