Saturday, March 24, 2012

Paul’s Trick To Winning People To Jesus! It Works! Why Don’t You Try It


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joshua 18; Joshua 19; Joshua 20; 1 Corinthians 9

Paul’s Trick To Winning People To Jesus!

It Works!

Why Don’t You Try It 

Scripture

1 Corinthians 9

22 To those who are weak, I became weak so that I could help save them. I have become all things to all people. I did this so that I could save people in any way possible. 23 I do all this to make the Good News known. I do it so that I can share in the blessings of the Good News. 

 24 You know that in a race all the runners run, but only one runner gets the prize. So run like that. Run to win! 25 All who compete in the games use strict training. They do this so that they can win a prize—one that doesn’t last. But our prize is one that will last forever. 

26 So I run like someone who has a goal. I fight like a boxer who is hitting something, not just the air. 27 It is my own body I fight to make it do what I want. I do this so that I won’t miss getting the prize myself after telling others about it.  

Observation

The Apostle Paul has showed us how to be successful as witnesses for the Lord Jesus Christ. If you are guy and you want to reach a guy that likes to hunt, then you go hunting with him. If the guy likes to fish then you go fishing with him. If he likes to go to football games, hockey games, or basketball games, then you go with him. 

If you are a woman and the gal you are trying to reach loves to go to garage sales on Saturday mornings then you start going to garage sales with her on Saturday. Maybe she likes to go shopping at the mall on Fridays then you start going to the mall with her on Fridays. Or maybe she takes her kids to a certain park on a certain day of the week then you rearrange your schedule and spend time with her and her kids at the park. 

The list is endless, but the truth is if you and I really want to win someone to Jesus then we must be willing to be as much like that person as possible. We must spend time with them doing the things that they like to do. Paul said that when he was with a Jew he acted like a Jew, when he was with a Gentile he acted like a Gentile, and when he was with someone that was weak he acted like someone that was weak. 

Paul summarizes what he is saying by saying this, “We are running a race and we need to run to win!” Winning the race is helping people come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ!


Application

I will look for a person that I can identify with and I will spend time with them doing what they are interested in to help them come to know Jesus as Savior. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, guide me to someone that I can spend time with and who I can help come to know You. It would be really great if they like to go fishing, but I will leave that up to You! Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: