Sunday, March 11, 2012

Crucified Yet We Are To Be A Living Sacrifice Don’t Crawl Off The Altar


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Deuteronomy 16; Deuteronomy 17; Deuteronomy 18; Psalm 38; Galatians 2

Crucified 

Yet We Are To Be A Living Sacrifice

Don’t Crawl Off The Altar

Scripture

I have been crucified with Christ. 20I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live I live by believing in God’s Son, who loved me and took the punishment for my sins. Galatians 2:20 God’s Word Translation

A Living Sacrifice

 1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Romans 12:1

Observation

The Apostle Paul in Galatians 2:20 tells us that we have been crucified with Christ, that we no longer live, but Christ lives in us. Even though we have been crucified with Christ and we no longer live but Christ lives in us - we still have an option.

Paul says in Romans 12:1 that we are to present our bodies as living sacrifices. Dead sacrifices have an advantage over living sacrifices you know. Living sacrifices can always walk or crawl or run off the altar. 

As living sacrifices we have to constantly remind ourselves that we are crucified with Christ and we no longer live, but Christ lives in us. The lives we now live we live by believing in God’s Son.
When we live according to Galatians 2:20 and Romans 12:1 we are very powerful people!

You can listen to Christian’s conversations and many times their words reveal whether they are living sacrifices for the Lord of if they have crawled off the altar. Listen to people today and see if you can tell the difference.

Application

I will ask God to help me stay on the altar!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to be a living sacrifice. Help me everyday to stay on the altar so your Mighty Power might work through me. You are an Awesome God. I pray for worship today at our church. I pray that You use the music and the message to change lives. Be glorified today. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: