Wednesday, March 21, 2012

God Bought You With A High Price! So Honor God With Your Body…


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joshua 9; Joshua 10; Joshua 11; 1 Corinthians 6

God Bought You With A High Price!

So Honor God With Your Body…

Scripture

1 Corinthians 6

19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

Observation

The Apostle Paul was talking about running away from sexual sin because our bodies are the Temple of God, but I think that the lesson also goes to taking care of God’s Temple, watching what we eat, getting enough exercise etc. 

Our culture tends to worship food. Just look at facebook and look at how many times people mention food or where they have recently gone to eat. The portions served in restaurants are all way more than a person needs to eat! 

Bottom line … God bought us with a high price! So we must honor God with our body.

Application

Even though my body has taken a beating lately and seems in poor condition I will still honor God with my body by staying away from sexual sin, by eating right and exercising all that I am able.  How about you?  

Prayer
Heavenly Father, my body is Your’s. I know that it has been bought with a High Price. Help me to honor You with my body! Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: