Friday, March 02, 2012

Bet You Never Thought Of This… You Want To Great And Really Important? Jesus Says That You Can Do It By Working In Our Preschool and In KidCity…


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 30,31; Mark 9

Bet You Never Thought Of This…

You Want To Great And Really Important?

Jesus Says That You Can Do It By Working In Our Preschool and In KidCity…

Scripture

Mark 9

36 He took a little child whom he placed among them. Taking the child in his arms, he said to them, 37 “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” 

Observation

I have to chuckle to myself as I read this passage. The disciples had just been walking down the road arguing amongst themselves about which one of them was the greatest. 

Then to teach them a huge lesson, Jesus did something that I don’t believe that they would ever forget.  He did the following: “He took a little child whom he placed among them. Taking the child in his arms, he said to them, “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” 

What was He telling His disciples? He was telling them, you want to be important? You want to be the greatest? Well if you want to be really important then you are going to have to start serving in Preschool and in KidCity. (Pastor Eddy’s translation!) He took the child in His arms, this was probably a preschooler or maybe even a K5 or a first grader, and He said to His Disciples, “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” 

If it is your opportunity to serve in our Preschool or KidCity this Sunday I hope you do it with the full comprehension of this Bible passage. I hope you get up early, have your Quiet Time, and arrive early just because you are so excited to serve the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and influence those kids so they have a love for God like you do. 

If you work in our Preschool or in KidCity I believe that you have accepted one of the most exciting and one of the most rewarding assignments that could have ever been offered you! Maybe you have never thought of it that way before – re-read this passage over and over until you begin to feel the importance of what Christ is saying to his disciples and to you and me!

When my grandchildren sleep over at our house and they have the opportunity to go to KidCity you would not believe how excited they are about getting the chance to go. They don’t have the opportunity to go to church most Sundays and I am so glad that when they come over to our house they can’t wait to wake up, get dressed, and get to KidCity. It is a reflection of the love of the people who serve Sunday by Sunday! 

I am so proud of every Preschool and KidCity staff person and I very proud of each and every one of our volunteers! You are AWESOME!

Application

I will continue to encourage those that work with our children and I will always try to get them to see the big picture. And I will continue to convey how important they are to God’s Kingdom.  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have blessed us with children and grandchildren. Our prayer every day for them is that they would have a love for You. We want them to walk through life with You. We want our grandchildren to all grow up with a love for You. Thank You for the influence of godly people at our church that are helping our grandchildren grow in Christ. I pray that You bless them really good. Thank You for our Preschool and KidCity Staff and I pray that You bless them as well as every one of our volunteers. Amen. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: