Friday, March 30, 2012

Why Are You Down In The Dumps? Read This If You Need To Be Lifted Up!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Judges 8; Psalm 42; 1 Corinthians 15 (The Message)

Why Are You Down In The Dumps?

Read This If You Need To Be Lifted Up!

Scripture

Psalm 42


5 Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?
      Why are you crying the blues?
   Fix my eyes on God—
      soon I'll be praising again.
   He puts a smile on my face.
      He's my God.

 6-8 When my soul is in the dumps, I rehearse
      everything I know of you,

Observation

OK, I have to admit it I do get down in the dumps quite often these days. I have been really down in the dumps during the past 6-7 weeks because I was sick and I was having a hard time getting well. I have been to a bunch of doctors over the past month or so. Even this week I have been down in the dumps because I realize that although I am a lot better than I have been over the past 6 weeks I am not well enough to return to work and serve the Lord like I used to do.

Don’t get me wrong I still plan to get well enough to serve Him on the mission field and reaching an unreached people group in  India. I still plan to help our church become the mission church that God wants our church to be! I still plan to recruit other churches help us reach the unreached in India.

So how do I get out of the dumps? I do exactly what the Psalmist says to do.  I rehearse everything I know of God. I go back to how He saved me and how He has taken care of my family and me for all these years. He has taken care of our health. He has provided for us financially. He has been very good to us.

I go back over the attributes of God: God is Love. God is Good. God is Just. God is Holy. God is my friend. (I know that this is probably not an attribute of God but it a very good thing to remember when you are down in the dumps). God always keeps His Promises. I could go on and on but you get the idea.

Having a pity party for ourselves doesn’t do us any good!

Application

When my soul is in the dumps I will rehearse everything I know of God. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are good. Thank You for taking care of me. Help me to fix my eyes on You the next time my soul is in the dumps. Then I know that I will soon be praising You again. You will put a smile on my face. You are my God.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: