Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Love…Puts Up With Anything!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Judges 4; Judges 5; Psalm 39; Psalm 41; 1 Corinthians 13

Love…Puts Up With Anything!

Scripture

1 Corinthians 13

3-7If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

   Love never gives up.
   Love cares more for others than for self.
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
   Love doesn't strut,
   Doesn't have a swelled head,
   Doesn't force itself on others,
   Isn't always "me first,"
   Doesn't fly off the handle,
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
   Doesn't revel when others grovel,
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
   Puts up with anything,
   Trusts God always,
   Always looks for the best,
   Never looks back,
   But keeps going to the end.

Love…
   Puts up with anything,

Observation

Yesterday did not start out real great for the Williams’ household! I think that is a huge understatement, but I will leave it at that. I was working hard on getting some paperwork done and it was extremely important (in my mind at least). Kathy had made plans to pick up two of our grandchildren that live over in St. Pete. She had already talked to our daughter about what time we would pick them up. I wanted to go by a doctor’s office first to drop off what I thought were extremely important papers and I was determined that those papers had to get there immediately.

How can I say this?

I am very glad that Kathy has the kind of love for me that Paul talks about in 1 Corinthians 13! Love that puts up with anything!

I was bad. I didn’t handle things very well at all . I am so glad that her love for me goes well beyond the kind of love that first attracted us to each other. She was and still is one very, very attractive gal! I am not sure what Kathy saw in me, but I am glad that something caught her attention.

Agape love is what Kathy has for me even when I deserve to be shot!

Do you have this kind of love for your spouse, for your children, for the people in your work place? I hope that you also have the love that puts up with anything – you are going to need it! 

Application

I will do my best to live out 1 Corinthians 13. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am so glad that over 42 years ago You gave me the best wife in the entire world. I praise God for her maturity in Christ and her deep love for You and her deep for me. I fall so short of being able to live out 1 Corinthians 13. I really need Your help. Thank You for the example of sacrificial love that we have seen in so many of our friends as they have done so many wonderful things to help us during this difficult time in our life. You are Love! 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: