Wednesday, March 14, 2012

We Have Two Natures Battling For Control Of Our Lives Spiritual Nature + Fleshly Nature Which One Is Winning?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Deuteronomy 25; Deuteronomy 26; Deuteronomy 27; Galatians 5 

We Have Two Natures Battling For Control Of Our Lives

Spiritual Nature + Fleshly Nature

Which One Is Winning? 

Scripture

Galatians 5 

14All of Moses’ Teachings are summarized in a single statement, “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.”

22But the spiritual nature produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, and self-control.

19Now, the effects of the corrupt nature are obvious: illicit sex, perversion, promiscuity, 20idolatry, drug use, hatred, rivalry, jealousy, angry outbursts, selfish ambition, conflict, factions, 21envy, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that.

Observation

You have heard the story I am sure about the Indian that would travel around from town to town and he would fight his two dogs for money. He had a white dog and he had a dark colored dog. From town to town as he fought his dogs sometimes the white dog would win and then other times the dark colored dog would win. Some one finally asked him how he knew which dog was going to win each fight to which replied, “Oh, that is very simple the one I feed the most!” 

Our two natures are fighting against each other every day. Which nature is going to win the battle today – the one I feed the most. That is why it is so important to dig into God’s word every morning before you start your day. You will be bombarded during the day with things that feed your fleshly nature and if you don’t purposely guard God’s word in your heart before you go out the door then the dark colored dog is going to win the fight!


Application


I will read God’s word every day before anything else. I will guard my eyes from things that feed my old sinful nature, whether it is on the television, in a magazine, or walking down the street.  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me feed my spiritual nature more than that old sinful nature. I want to make You smile at how I live my life. I want Your face to shine on my family and me. Keep me from things that appeal to my corrupt nature. Help me feed my spiritual nature so that my life might reflect love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: