Thursday, March 08, 2012

Here Is An Example Of How To Pray For People! Who Are You Praying For? This Is Extreme Intercession… read on


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Deuteronomy 7,8,9; Mark 15

Here Is An Example Of How To Pray For People!

Who Are You Praying For? 

This Is Extreme Intercession… read on

Scripture


Deuteronomy 9

 18 Then once again I fell prostrate before the LORD for forty days and forty nights; I ate no bread and drank no water, because of all the sin you had committed, doing what was evil in the LORD’s sight and so arousing his anger. 19 I feared the anger and wrath of the LORD, for he was angry enough with you to destroy you. But again the LORD listened to me. 20 And the LORD was angry enough with Aaron to destroy him, but at that time I prayed for Aaron too.

Observation

Can you imagine anyone prostrate on the ground praying for forty days and forty nights? Can you imagine doing that and not eating or drinking one thing the entire forty days and forty nights? Can you imagine someone doing that for a bunch of people that didn’t even like you? 

Moses was truly amazing! He didn’t just pray for forty days and forty nights once, he did it several times. 

How hard have we prayed for someone?

 I know how hard people prayed for me when I was in the hospital. I will never forget that –never! I have prayed hard for people to get well. I have prayed hard for people to give their lives to Jesus. But I have never prayed for forty days and forty nights and gone without food or water. I wouldn’t recommend praying for forty days and forty nights without food or water because my friend you and I are not Moses! 

It is so important to pray for other people. It is way more important to pray for other people than it is to pray for ourselves. People need for us to pray for them. It is the way God has designed His Kingdom. He responds to our prayers when we pray for others. 

Application

I will continue to pray for the sick and for those that need to be saved. How about you?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Moses is a huge example for us when it comes to showing us how to pray. His faith and trust in You is amazing. He stood in the gap for people that didn’t deserve it. Help me to do the same thing. Thank You for the people I know that love to intercede for other people. They are truly Prayer Warriors! Use them to change our church and use them to change our city!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: