Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Lord Rescues The Godly … He Is Their Fortress In Times Of Trouble GOT TROUBLE …READ ON

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joshua 1; Joshua 2; Psalm 37; 1 Corinthians 3

The Lord Rescues The Godly …

He Is Their Fortress In Times Of Trouble

GOT TROUBLE …READ ON

Scripture

Psalm 37

39 The LORD rescues the godly;
      he is their fortress in times of trouble.


Observation


When you were a kid did you ever build “forts”? Growing up we had several Orange Groves and when the pickers would come out to pick the oranges they would always drop off these wooded boxes or crates several weeks before they came to pick the fruit. My brother and I would build forts out of those wooded crates and they were actually pretty cool. When you crawled inside of them you would feel safe and secure. 

Those forts are nothing compared to what God provides for us. He is our fortress and nothing can get to us. He is our fortress in times of trouble. As I deal with being sick and seemingly not able to get over all the stuff that has come at me, I take heart in verses like this one. The LORD will rescue me. The LORD is my fortress during this time of trouble.

My brother and I would each build a fort made of those crates and then we would have orange fights and we would fiercely throw oranges at each other’s fort. Rotten oranges thrown at even the best fort caused a lot of damage! And suddenly your fort didn’t seem nearly as secure as it did before the orange fight began!

Application

I will hold on to these verses through this time of sickness.  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are my Rock. You are my fortress. Nothing can get to me that You do not allow. You rescue the godly. You allow us to hide under the shadow of Your wings when we are facing trouble. I will be still in Your presence and I will wait patiently for You to act.  You direct the steps of the godly. You delight in every detail of our lives. Though we stumble, we will never fail, for You hold us by the hand. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: