Monday, March 19, 2012

Can You Say This?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joshua 3; Joshua 4; Joshua 5; Joshua 6; 1 Corinthians 4

Can You Say This?

Scripture

1 Corinthians 4

16 So I urge you to imitate me.

Observation

Are you such a strong Christian that you can tell your children, your family, your co-workers, and your friends at church to imitate you? You and I should be able to do that. I would hope that our children and our grandchildren could imitate us. 

Do your children and grandchildren see you reading your Bible? Do they hear you pray? My five-year granddaughter came into my bedroom the other night as I was getting ready to go to bed and she said, “Grandpa, I want to pray for you.” And then she prayed an unbelievable prayer for her sick Grandpa. I was so proud of her. It did make me cry. She is imitating her Dad. Her Dad has been doing a super job of showing her how to act as a Christian. Of course, I hope she was also imitating her Grandma and her Grandpa a little bit too!

Application

I will continue to be an example for my children, my grandchildren, and my extended family and everyone that attends our church. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us the Apostle Paul as an example of how we should live the Christian life. Help me live in a way that I could always say to someone, “imitate me.” You give us children, grandchildren and family for us to influence and to show how they are to live the Christian life. Help us to be good examples.  

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: