Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Lord Is My Strength And Shield I Trust Him With All My Heart. He Helps Me … When I Am Weak. He Can Help You Too…

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 19,20; Psalms 28; Mark 5

The Lord Is My Strength And Shield

I Trust Him With All My Heart. He Helps Me … When I Am Weak.

He Can Help You Too…

Scripture

Psalms 28

 7 The LORD is my strength and shield.
      I trust him with all my heart. 


   He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
      I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.


Observation

The past few days have been difficult for me. I have been really weak and just haven’t felt very good. I am no fun to be around when I get in this condition. Now I risk saying that knowing that many of you won’t understand what I am trying to say and you will choose to bombard me with advice telling me to either not to push myself so hard or to take all of the special nutrients and supplements. 

Please don’t do either. 

The doctors have told me that I have to push myself hard if I am to get better. I am already taking a ton of nutrients, medicines, and supplements … thank you very much!

There are going to be days when things don’t go well. There are going to be days when I am weak and tired. Just like there are going to be days in your life when you are weak and tired. 

Here is my point! 

It is during times like these that I am so glad that “the Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.”

The Apostle Paul summed it up very well when he was describing a health issue of his own. “Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Application

I will trust the Lord with all my heart because He is my shield and my strength! 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are a Mighty God. You are so good to me. I trust in you with all my heart. You are my strength and my shield. Your Grace is sufficient for me for when I am weak You are strong. So I will take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  You are My Healer. You have done a miraculous work in my life for which I give You praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: