Monday, September 24, 2012

A Single Day In Your Courts Is Better Than A Thousand Anywhere Else!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezra 1; Psalm 84; Psalm 85; Luke 7

A Single Day In Your Courts

Is

Better Than A Thousand Anywhere Else!


Scripture

Psalm 84

10 A single day in your courts
    is better than a thousand anywhere else!

 
I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God
    than live the good life in the homes of the wicked.

 
11 For the Lord God is our sun and our shield.
    He gives us grace and glory.
The Lord will withhold no good thing
    from those who do what is right.

 
12 O Lord of Heaven’s Armies,
    what joy for those who trust in you.

Observation


Being in church, being at church with everyone else is better than being at a Buc’s game, better than being at Disney, and better even than fishing! A day at church is better than a thousand anywhere else! If feel like that … how about you? 

Have you missed church this year to do something else? If the answer to that question is “yes” then you probably don’t feel about church the way the Psalmist did or the way I do! 

I am not saying that you have to be in church every Sunday but if you and I were to miss then I think it should be for some emergency (like a heart attack) or a death in your family. If it is just to go do something pleasurable then I question whether you love church the way the Psalmist does or the way I do. 

You should get the biggest “high” by participating in worship on Sunday! 

Yesterday was hard work at church. We had an event called “Water Park Sunday” for our kids and those that volunteered worked hard to make the event successful. Combine all that hard work with a terrific worship service and you have a super wonderful Sunday! I wouldn’t have traded being there for a thousand anywhere else! Does that make sense to you?  

Application

I will look forward to being at church this coming Sunday too! (This week it will be with our friends Hugh and Millie Roberts in Texas!) But we will be back at Christ Fellowship the following Sunday!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me lose my love for your church. It is not the building that I love … it is Your people. Give me Your heart for them. Help me love them like You love them. Give those that struggle in their walk with You the strength to walk in victory this week! You are Mighty. You are Worthy of Praise. A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: