Wednesday, September 12, 2012

“Look! I See Four Men Walking Around In The Fire. They Are Not Tied Up And They Are Not Burned. The Fourth Man Looks Like An Angel.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Daniel 3; Daniel 4; Psalm 81; Revelation 17 

“Look! I See Four Men Walking Around In The Fire.

They Are Not Tied Up And They Are Not Burned.

The Fourth Man Looks Like An Angel.”

Scripture

Daniel 3

…“Look! I see four men walking around in the fire. They are not tied up and they are not burned. The fourth man looks like an angel. ”

Observation

Do you know the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego? It is a story of tremendous faith! 

14 And Nebuchadnezzar said to them, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, is it true that you don’t worship my gods? And is it true that you didn’t bow down and worship the gold idol I have set up?

 15 Now when you hear the sound of the horns, flutes, lyres, sambucas, harps, bagpipes, and all the other musical instruments, you must bow down and worship the gold idol. If you are ready to worship the idol I have made, that is good. But if you don’t worship it, you will be thrown very quickly into the hot furnace. Then no god will be able to save you from my power!”

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered the king, “Nebuchadnezzar, we don’t need to explain these things to you. 17 If you throw us into the hot furnace, the God we serve can save us. And if he wants to, he can save us from your power.  

18 But even if God does not save us, we want you to know, King, that we refuse to serve your gods. We will not worship the gold idol you have set up.”



Application

I want this kind of faith!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You walked with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in that fiery furnace! They were never alone! I ask You to give me that kind of faith. Faith that can help me face any problem, any enemy, any situation. Give me that kind of faith!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: