Sunday, September 23, 2012

“What You Say Flows From What Is In Your Heart”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Daniel 11; Daniel 12; Luke 6

“What You Say

Flows

From What Is In Your Heart”

Scripture

Luke 6

45b “…What you say flows from what is in your heart.”

43 “A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. 44 A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes.
 
45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. 

What you say flows from what is in your heart.

Observation

Have you ever heard someone defend someone by saying, “Oh, he or she really didn’t mean that … inside they are very good person? No, inside is where the ugly words came from those words came from the person’s heart. 

    "The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? (Jeremiah 17:9)  This verse always comes to my mind when someone shares with me that they have something that they want to share with me from their heart! I know what they mean, but I also know the condition of our hearts!    

What we allow in our hearts will come out and spill all over everyone around us so lets guard our hearts!

Application

I will pay attention to what is going into my heart!  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to fix my thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Help me to think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Help me to think on things that are excellent and worthy of praise. (Philippians 4:8-9)

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: